Monday, April 4, 2022

Film Review (from a friend!)

 Today I got a film review from my friend down in Nebraska! It's pretty cool down there, and it's been a while since we've seen each other, so I figured, why not ask him about my film? I had to compress it, so that took a while. I then had to put him through a file converter due to it having issues, but I got that to work. I sent him my film through messages (isn't technology cool?) and after reviewing my little film preview, he gave me some really good advice on what I could do and how I could do it alone. First idea was to try to invest in a camera mount. I thought that would be a nice idea, but that's a lot of time and money invested, and my budget may not be able to meet that, so I thought of an alternate idea.  I'm pretty tall, so it could work. I decided to focus more on stability and camera angles than I did in my previous shoots, and did a reshoot. It ended up working! My camera was better than ever, but I did have to shake it to get that more natural, bare feel to the film. Next, was to improve the voice acting. The voice in the film ended up getting blown out, or muffled, due to the wind or surroundings, or even me running... so I decided to go ahead and do that much promised voiceover, and I must say, I could definitely be a voice actor in the future! It lets my voice be much clearer, and contrasts and properly outlines what I'm supposed to hear. One last thing I was told to work on was the pacing. For them, it felt way too fast, and way too speedy. I decided to make some clips longer and some clips shorter to offset this where some things that are important are long and less important are short. This helps progress the events in a predictable and digestible way. I made sure that this film was one for the theaters. I ended up showing him again and he approved it, so everything is okay now! He's a huge film buff so I knew he was just the right guy to ask.  In the end, I was able to get the glaring problems fixed thanks to my friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

WIllow's Walk: The Film

Here it is! I had so much fun making this film and I hope to have more opportunities to do this in the future!