Wednesday, March 30, 2022

An editor's trials....

 Editing is definitely something I enjoy since it's my hobby, but it definitely has it's downsides. One thing that ended up happening was my file CRASHING! I was a little worried about it since I had done a bit of work already. It seemed to have taken out about 25% of my progress for the day. I wasn't too sad about it, but I still had to redo a bit of work. I ended up actually using it as a sort of learning moment. It helped me realize where I needed to pick up on some things. The experience let me see what I did prior and evolve it almost. So I ended up doing a completely new coloring for the film, giving it a more eerie vibe. This ended up turning out really well. I also did a little bit of tweaking with the credits. I have to decide whether I'll refilm and change it, or I'll just try to make it a bit more engaging in regards to the actual film. It seems that I'm more content with my original idea, though, and due to my editing experience, I could really make it look nice. I didn't see anything else missing, so I decided to leave it at that. It ended up even better than I left it, which was really cool. Redoing and revising things by accident ended up turning out really purposeful for me. I'd say I definitely appreciate it happening! But an editor's trials don't end... I had to download a lot of sound effects to my computer! And right now I'm messing around with them seeing which ones feel right. (All non-copyright free use sounds, of course!) And I'm getting the general vibe for what I want within this film. Things seem to be going pretty well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

WIllow's Walk: The Film

Here it is! I had so much fun making this film and I hope to have more opportunities to do this in the future!