Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Changes, changes..

 Although my friend said it was good, and I do trust his intuition, I felt like there was far more I could touch up on with my film. So I wanted to surprise him by going even further and maxing out my editing skills! So I decided to focus more on the changes made from the film review he gave me, and improve on them. Things like the voiceovers, which I solved fairly quickly. But I noticed that a lot of the drama that the film managed to have with such uncut, regular acting in the scenes. With that in mind, I thought up a conclusion that could really just get me both done. I decided to do the voiceover with a bit more passion. Fear, horror, and emotions that you manage to feel in situations like these is really important if you want to convey that feeling. I feel like with the change of voice over that I did, it helped breathe new life into the actual film itself that I made. Camera stability was fine, so I essentially had no issues whatsoever with that. I focused on stability, Pacing I managed to fix up by making important clips longer or shorter, but with the second review of the critique I decided to change some more scenes around for pacing purposes. I think I managed to make it even more digestible than it was when I made the first changes and that's good. One more critique I was given was to be careful about plot and continuity. Basically, does your film add up. Can the viewer be focused. Are they confused? Focus in film is very important if you want to get your story across so I decided to work extra hard on that. I made sure it lined up and everything made sense. The simpler it is the more people understand! That's what I want my film to be. These are a few of the many changes that I've made after my friend reviewed the film.



No comments:

Post a Comment

WIllow's Walk: The Film

Here it is! I had so much fun making this film and I hope to have more opportunities to do this in the future!