Monday, March 28, 2022

Editing blog!

 So I decided that during my downtime I would decide to edit some scenes from Willow's Walk, the horror movie I'm making. Editing is definitely tough but due to my experience I made it a lot easier than it would have been. I have about 3 years of experience and it's one of my hobbies.  I decided to basically work on the first and second editing parts. These parts were okay to edit but I had to make the cuts seamless and make them look like an actual film. It's pretty neat on how I have so much I can do, but I stuck with the basics for now. I need to get things situated before I begin the movie. I started by following the storyboard and the clips. Then, I had to do some basic editing. I wanted to do the paper thing but I figured that instead of the black screen, I may have to change it into an actual scene. This is an important change and will be documented if it happens. It would probably be me looking through papers, though. I want to make the film near seamless, but if the story is good, I think I can manage. I also want to use some visual effects. These effects will be based off the idea that this is a camera and the person is recording. Some camera breaking, some fuzziness, the thing around the camera letting us know this is being recorded. This shows a lot of character regarding what the film is, and what it can be. This is especially important to immerse the watcher in the film. Something like this isn't the easiest, but I took today to do so by picking out what effects I use, overlays, etc. I also put the film together in full, or at least the parts I've done. I then mapped out what effects go where, and when these things happen. This is what I did with my editing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

WIllow's Walk: The Film

Here it is! I had so much fun making this film and I hope to have more opportunities to do this in the future!